Bomb threats usually come by telephone. If you receive such a call, remain calm and elicit as much information as possible from the caller.
- When will the bomb explode?
- Where is it right now?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it? What will cause it to explode?
- Why did you select this place for it?
- Did you place the bomb? Who did? Why?
- What is your address? Your name?
- Call the UGA Police Department immediately at 706-542-2200 to give them the information, describing the caller’s voice, any background noises, and the exact wording of the message.
- Preserve any caller identification information recorded by the telephone.
- Notify an official of the building you are in.
- Do not touch suspicious packages. Inform the authorities and let the experts decide what to do.
Contact the UGA Police Department IMMEDIATELY: